Last edited 17/07/21
The kayak stage will take place in open water along the coast and participants are expected to have kayak experience and be able to perform a safe Sea kayak rescue procedure. We recommend participants to have an EPP2 kayak course or similar skills.
The first swim-run stage will be approximately 33 km and include several water crossings (swimming) from 100m to 600m. Participants will bring their life west on the stage. Finns, air mattresses and wetsuits are allowed but must be carried the whole stage.
The second swim-run stage will be approximately 10 km and include 2 water crossings (swimming) from 200m to 300m. Participants will bring their life west on the stage. For this stage you will need to bring a wetsuit. Weather and water temperature on the day will decide if you need to wear it. Finns and air mattresses are allowed but must be carried the whole stage.
For the third swim challenge you will need to be able to tie your bike so please bring minimum 4 meters string or line per person.
At one TA you will need to pack you bike into a bike box for transport. Bike boxes need to be handed in with drop bags prior to the race.
Teams are unsupported and must plan their equipment and sustenance prior to the race.
Each team must bring 4 drop bags / boxes (max 100 liters, must be closed and marked with bag name and team number)
– Bag A: 25 kg
– Bag B: 25 kg
– Bag C: 25 kg
– Bag D: 25 kg
The drop bags will be moved by the organizers to given Tas along the course. An overview of drop bag movements can be found in the roadbook handed out at check out.
ALL TIME EQUIPMENT
During the whole race each team must have the following team mandatory equipment:
- First aid kit that includes minimum:
- 2x Bandage of 6 cm width and 2 meters long
- 5x Plaster of min 5×2 cm size
- Analgesic (like paracetamol and others)
- Anti-inflammatory (like ibuprofen and others)
- Hand sanitizer /ethanol
- Knife (blade max. 12 cm due to national law)
- Time keeping device eg. a watch (GPS and connection to phone not allowed)
- 1x Mobile phone – fully charged and turned off in sealed package (Will be sealed by race organizers before the prologue). Must be available all times and not stoved away on kayak.
- 1x compass
- Waterproof pen for writing. Suitable for all surfaces. (eg. for changes in CP or route)
- Minimum 1x big headlamp
- 1 digital camera to take team photos at CP´s where roadbook says so. Mobile phone not allowed.
- Road book and maps from Race organizer
- GPS tracker (provided by race organizer). Must be placed in a pocket at the surface and top of back pack and not be stored in pack rooms in kayak.
During the whole race all team’s members must have the following personal mandatory equipment:
- 1x survival blanket
- 1x whistle available eg. on back pack.
- Red light on back of back pack or body (turned on when walking on roads at night)
- Small white front light (headlamp ok) (turned on when walking on roads at night)
- Waterproof jacket
- Windproof pants
- SportIdent card to punch controls (provided by the race organizers)
- Racebib – must carried as visible outer layer at all times (provided by the race organizers)
- Recommended: running shoes as some “not-running” stages include CPs reached by foot.
DISCIPLINE SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT:
Personal mandatory equipment for mountain bike stages:
- Mountain bike
- Team number (provided by the race organizers) must be fixed at the front of the bike
- Red light pointing backward and white light pointing forward. Must be mounted on bike and turned on from sunset till sunrice. Headlamp does not count as white front light.
- Repair kit (1 per team)
- Each athlete must bring 1 bike box no larger than 140cm X 80cm X 30cm (standard ARWS size). Maximum weight 25kg when packed. Remember tools to pack your bike. Box must be able to withstand light rain and stand in a wet field. Cardboard boxes eg like those containing new bikes are allowed, but must be able to withstand the weather conditions.
Participants must obey traffic regulations.
It is mandatory to use helmet when riding the bike.
- Personal Mandatory equipment for Swimming stages:
Wetsuit – minimum short legs and short sleeves (see text above)
- Glowstick to be turned on during dark hours. Be aware that more than one swimming stage can be during dark hours (bring more than one glow stick)
- Minimum 4 meters string or line or elastic band (see text above)
Personal mandatory equipment for paddling stage:
- Life vest (will be the same as the swimming life west)
- Water proof jacket must be accessible or worn
- 2x Glow sticks: 1 attached on vest or head and 1 attached on kayak. Must glow during dark hours.
- Kayak paddles: it is allowed to bring your own or organizer will provide it.
- Canoe paddles: will be provided by the organizer. 4 persons and 3 paddles per canoe
It’s mandatory to use life vest (PFD) during the whole kayak stage.
Team mandatory equipment for paddling stages:
- Kayaks (provided by the race organizers)
- Sealed phone must be accessible when on water
- 1 x parachute rocket – must be accessible when on water
- 1 x flare – must be accessible when on water
- All gear will be provided by organizers
- GPS-navigation equipment. (Watches with GPS function are NOT alowed)
- Motorized vehicles
- Maps not provided by the race organization
- Wheels for canoe and kayak
- Sails for canoe and kayak